The Magical Art of Wiccan Psychismby Lady Passion
- Accurately hearing future events, spirit Beings, or others' thoughts; manifests like radio sound.
- "Knowing" future events; manifests as sudden, inexplicable, reliable foreknowledge.
- Seeing future events; often manifests as visions "behind the eyes" or like TV images.
- Feeling, affecting, or assuming others' emotional state in the absence of verbal verification.
- Precognitive dreams
- Predicting future events through information received in dreamstate.
- Predicting future events in either a conscious or trance state; prophet may not be aware of their sayings while this is occurring (for example Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet).
- Touching an object and relating visual or emotional impressions or factual data about the object and its user or owner.
- Remote diagnosis and healing
- Diagnosing or treating a person in their absence, and without prior medical information; frequently accomplished over vast distances.
- Remote viewing
- Seeing and describing current people, places, or events from vast distances.
- Working with Familiars
- A form of psychism whereby the witch communicates non-verbally with an animal, successfully inclining it to accomplish a magical task; may involve remote viewing by the witch through the animal's eyes.
- Assume it is possible to possess and master some, if not all, of the above psychic abilities.
- You can have multiple forms of psychism. It's not unusual for a witch to be empathetic and possess clairsentience and clairvoyance as well, but to have each manifest itself separately on different occasions.
- If you can get good at one ability, you can more easily manifest others.
- Realizing you are experiencing psychism can be scary and depressing if the subject matter is scary or depressing. That's natural, and does not mean you're losing your mind or doing it wrong. Psychics frequently "feel" situations or view events emotionally. This side effect requires the witch's strength and persistence not to automatically shut down the ability as a defense mechanism.
- Meditate and keep yourself open at all times to receive cosmic input. Fully expect to know things ahead of time. Try to be able to do all the above types until you are able to do one consistently. Keep a log (if you can) of impressions and "hits". When you're beginning, a true "hit" is an impression or fact known, then stated or written, that one or more persons besides yourself can verify as being precognitive. Later, you will often know when you are right, and feel less need for verification.
- Often, there is a time interval of minutes, hours, or days between what you see, hear, or know, and what happens (unless you are an empath or work remotely). Keep track of your time lags -- watch for patterns as you improve, or circumstances change in your life.
- Severe stress and illness can weaken or eliminate natural or acquired psychic abilities. The period two days before, the day of, and two days following the menstrual cycle has been traditionally noted as the most powerfully psychic time for women.
- The content and accuracy of psychism appear to have no correlation to chronological age: often, young children are exceptionally gifted.
- Psychism may initially manifest itself as a type of spontaneous adaptation, as a means of defense or self-protection, or to fulfill a person's desperate need to know an important secret.
- Psychic content runs the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous. The amount and type of input you receive may have no correlation to your own interests, philosophy, or religious beliefs. Do not discount knowledge that you don't understand. It may prove its importance tomorrow.
Note Well: Results are not discussed or confirmed until after all the exercises have been completed.
Transmitting and Receiving
- Two group members sit comfortably with backs touching.
- One acts as a transmitter, holding and concentrating on an object the other can't see. Receiver writes their impressions.
- They trade functions several times.
- Transmitter concentrates on an image in their mind they have written down, attempting to transmit the thought to the Receiver.
- Receiver records their impression.
- They then trade functions.
PsychometryHPs or HP gathers objects together that the group is unfamiliar with, testing their ability to receive accurate impressions regarding the objects' uses or origins by having the group touch or handle them.
- One person leaves sight of the group, holds and concentrates hard on an object, acting as transmitter.
- Group attempts first to receive quietly as centered or tranced individuals, writing down their impressions.
- Then they try as a group to identify the object, by giving their impressions one by one until consensus is reached.
- Each group member may take a turn at transmitting and receiving to identify their particular ability.
- One transmitter writes down identifying data about someone they know with a particular medical problem unknown to the group.
- Transmitter concentrates on the physical features, body sensations, and medical problem.
- Group, as individuals, write down their impressions of the problem, and try to arrive at a diagnosis or treatment.
- Group then tries to arrive at the answer until consensus is reached.
Return to top of page.
Return to Teaching Materials table of contents.
Return to Coven Oldenwilde's home page.
Latest update: 25 Dec. 1996